03/10/1998 Texas ...Open letter regarding Texas correction
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
To our Commentary and News Release List™
Tuesday, March 10, 1998
For Immediate Release;
Contact Robert Colaco at (818)757-1776
Mrs. Betty Brown, Republican Candidate
for Texas State Representative, District 4
P.O. Box 1477 Terrell, Texas 75160-1477
Sent by facsimile to: 972/551-XXXX
Tuesday, March 10, 1998
Dear Mrs. Betty Brown:
I am responding to your letter to us that was received by our computerized fax on Saturday, March 07, 1998 at 12:06:18 am (PST).
Thank you for your letter which said:
“Citizens For A Better America
Please discontinue faxing using my name.
Have you check with all parties named about the Jerry Ray Hall Story? Betty Brown"
I would like to deal with all the issues raised in your faxed letter to Citizens For A Better America point by point:
01. It would appear that you were responding to our News Release dated for immediate release on Thursday, March 05, 1998, “Citizens For A Better America announces its endorsements for the March 10, 1998 Texas primary.” Our computerized fax log records
show you received it without a transmission error on 03/06/1998, 02:38:53 am (PST) and that it took 02:29 minutes to fax to you. It appears this is what you are responding to because this is the only document that we have faxed you where Jerry Ray Hall’s
name appears. We are still unclear as to what the problem is and as to why you wish to us withdraw our endorsement of you.
02. I have honored your request to withdraw our endorsement of your candidacy after the point in time of your fax. We received your faxed letter after our records show
you receiving our memorandum informing you and the other candidates that we were finished faxing out our News Release. We will not be sending out a News Release announcing the withdrawal of your endorsement but all other News Releases and announcements
past Saturday, March 07, 1998 at 12:06:18 am (PST) reflect this change and do not include your name. Obviously, reprints of the March 05, 1998 News Release will still contain your name, because they are copies of what was disbursed.
03. It would have been better if you had contacted us earlier in the day, we could have changed the fax, dropping your name off. Then only a small percentage of those faxed to would have had the fax listing your name. Why you waited until the end of our
faxing to contact us is unclear.
04. In our correspondences with the candidates, from the Candidate Questionnaire forward including the Candidate Endorsement Packet (Containing almost all previous “HAVE YOU BEEN LIED TO” ™ flyers, a six page letter to our endorsed candidates and a four
page history of CBA) we emphasize in enormous detail they will be placed on a list with other candidates. We call that list our “Good Guys List”™. It is not our policy nor will it become our policy to ask our candidates to approve or authorize CBA which
candidates we decide to endorse. Our “Good Guys List”™ is just that, our list of the candidates we believe the voters should vote for.
05. Although, as I said, at the point of your faxed letter to CBA we had finished faxing out the News Release I did believe that you meant for us to discontinue using your name from all other communications such as e-mail, etc. So, even though we e-mail
out more of News Releases on Monday, March 09, 1998 we did delete your name from the list of endorsed candidates.
06. In reference to your question: “Have you check with allparties named about the Jerry Ray Hall story?” I am not sure I know what parties you are writing about or what “story” you are referring to. Please, let me know what parties you are referring to.
If the story you are referring to is the one we talked about in our News Release regarding the alteration of Jerry Ray Hall’s application then let me assure you that was investigated by us thoroughly. If it is something else please clarify.
If anyone should inquire I will fax them a copy of this letter. I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you by phone or by fax.
cc: Members of Citizens For A Better America, CBA endorsed candidates, File.
If you would like to be removed from our Commentary and News Release List™, please let us know in writing, include fax number. If you use this story we would appreciate you sending us a copy. Thank you!
© copyright 1998 Citizens For A Better America ® (CFABA.org)
Publisher of the Have You Been Lied To? ™ Flyer
Robert Colaco, National Chairman, Founder.
F.E.C. ID #C00278333